Making Democracy Work
Principles include redistricting reform, voter rights & voter protection, voter & civic education, and “good government.” Focus on action more than just study.
Outlook for work:
Develop committees to identify barriers to voting, particularly for minorities, and remove those barriers.
• Conduct training events, both for those registering voters, for potential poll workers and watchers, and for voters;
• Gather data through county government, articles, research papers, etc.;
• Develop questionnaires for use in voter registration;
• Develop pamphlets, billboards, films, and videos, and using social media;
• Develop a speaker bureau;
• Involve both the African American and Hispanic communities through other organizations and churches;
• Conduct fundraising event(s) to pay for the pamphlets, billboards, etc.
Recent articles - voting access