Candidates for LaPorte County and Township offices wanting help on access to Vote 411 Voter's Guide, contact INFO.lwvLaporte@gmail.com for help
League of Women Voters Making Democracy Work
Principles include redistricting reform, voter rights & voter protection, voter & civic education, and “good government.” Focus on action more than just study.
Outlook for work:
Develop committees to identify barriers to voting, particularly for minorities, and remove those barriers.
• Conduct training events, both for those registering voters, for potential poll workers and watchers, and for voters;
• Gather data through county government, articles, research papers, etc.;
• Develop questionnaires for use in voter registration;
• Develop pamphlets, billboards, films, and videos, and using social media;
• Develop a speaker bureau;
• Involve both the African American and Hispanic communities through other organizations and churches;
• Conduct fundraising event(s) to pay for the pamphlets, billboards, etc.
Verify your Voter Registration
Making Voter Registration Easier
The League of Women Voters of Indiana applauds Secretary of State Connie Lawson who has announced that Hoosiers are now able to register to vote by simply texting “Indiana” to 28683 or, if you have an alphanumeric keyboard, you can text 2VOTE. You will then receive a link to the excellent Indiana Voter Portal. Even if you think you are registered, be sure and check your registration. If there are errors, you can correct them right online (there’s a direct link to this on the site). It never hurts to make sure your records are correct. And, most important, don’t forget to VOTE!